Public Ghost Hunt admission is 99* per person and includes access to the building from 7:00 pm until 3:00 am and a late dinner of pizza and soda. Complimentary water, soda, coffee and hot chocolate available throughout.
OSR offers a unique collaboration of ghost hunting skill levels through public hunts. Based on your personal skill level with investigating the paranormal, our guides will split participants into three groups. (Equipment rentals suspended temporarily.)
Our ghostly guides will show you how to test the limits of paranormal investigating, including interaction with entities or spirits, documenting encounters, and basic use of ghost hunting equipment as we take you on a tour of the decommissioned prison.
Interested investigators are welcome to join a knowledgeable tour guide on a 1-hour tour of the facility to better understand the footprint of the building and to hear the stories of the most documented hot-spots.
For Advance Repeat Visitors:
Begin your investigation in areas that are known for their paranormal activity.
- Arrive between 6 p.m and 6:45 p.m. to complete registration. The Museum Store/Gift Shop will only be open during that time.
- Tours depart at 7:10 p.m.
- Pizza, soda, coffee, and hot chocolate will be available throughout the evening
- Independent investigating will go until 3 a.m.
- OSR staff will be available all evening for assistance
- 250,000 square feet of facility to investigate
- Walk the range on the sixth tier of the world’s largest free-standing cell block
- sit in the warden’s bedroom where his wife sustained a mortal gunshot wound
- West Cell Block, Solitary Confinement, Chapel, and Administration
Ghost Hunts are offered on select Fridays and Saturdays during the year. Participants must be 18 years or older.